Paul Pukite wrote:
> To top it
> off, the main thing to remember is that Ada is becoming a commodity
> product. Commodity products are things like zippers; you just use them
> and rarely have to worry, thus fewer references (e.g. How often do you
> see referenced "Zipper World Today"?).

I feel inclined to agree, but in current market, the metaphor of zipper
would not be appropriate.

Choose and buy RTOS, say, VxWorks or LynxOS, RT linux or so.

C/C++ toolchain would be available without other costs.

Alas, Ada compiler would be *optional* with considerable additional cost.

Zipper cannot be optional :-)

--
Toshitaka KUMANO