Note that track 3, Human Values of Information Technology, has HCI-focused topics as do some of the other tracks as well.
With CHI greetings,
john sören pettersson
Chair Track 3, ISD2005.
ISD 2005, August 15-17 (www.it.kau.se/isd2005)
New concepts, approaches and techniques of systems development emerge constantly. Progress in ISD comes from research as well as from practice. ISD 2005 embraces both perspectives!
Tracks and Topics
The ISD 2005 Conference will be organised in different research tracks and a special industry track according to the conference theme “Bridging the Gap between Academia and Practice”. Below are prespecified some important tracks with examples of relevant topics. More tracks could be added and the topics of interest would be expanded in line with the submitted papers.
1. Co-design of Business and IT
- Design of information systems and business processes in concert
- Developers and users as joint co-designers
- Methods, models and tools as co-instruments in co-design
- Continual use-based redesign of information systems and business processes
2. Communication and Methods
- Communicative processes
- Learning, understanding, representation and knowledge
- Testing and evaluation; modelling and meta-modelling
- Communication technology, media and mediation
3. Human Values of Information Technology
- Privacy issues in network-based services
- Multimedia experiences in the Information Society
- Digital bridges for empowerment
- Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) and prototyping tools
4. Management and IT (MIT)
- Knowledge management; approaches and solutions
- Leadership, information strategy and productivity aspects
5. Requirements Engineering (RE) in the IS Life-Cycle
- Non-functional requirements for information systems
- RE for development, selection, and integration of COTS products
- Human and organisational aspects of RE in ISD
6. Semantic Web Approaches and Applications
- Knowledge management and ontology design
- Semantic web technologies
- Semantic based web services and grid services
- Semantic based web information management and enterprise integration
7. Service Development and IT
- Customer involvement and learning with customers in
- IT-supported service development
- The roles of Self-Service Technology (SST) in development of complex services
- The roles of IT in enhancing the firm’s operations within networks/alliances/partnerships
8. Integration of Information Technology in Practice (Industry Track)
- Management of IT resources and business processes
- Methods for integration of business systems
- Information technology as solution for electronic communication
We solicit contributions (maximum 12 pages) of the following form:
· Research papers describing research accomplishments
· Communications, i.e. experience reports, surveys, project overviews
All submissions must be original, not presented at other conferences, published or under publication elsewhere. Papers will be reviewed by at least two referees. The papers are to be submitted electronically. We will provide a web-based submission procedure, which is an easy and user-friendly way to submit your paper. Additionally, for each paper should be submitted an abstract (up to 300 words) with the list of keywords to facilitate the assignment of papers to referees and the conference tracks.
The submission system will open in February of 2005 at this address:
Conference August: 15-17, 2005
Accepted research papers will be printed in a book published by Kluwer/Plenum Press and distributed after the Conference. Communications will be published in a similar proceeding (under an ISBN). Each additional research papers requires an extra fee of €60. Conference registration is required for publication in the Kluwer/Plenum Press.
fee is 360 EUR if paid before
fee is 400 EUR if paid after
Conference fee is 440 EUR if paid on site.
Conference fee covers all meals, refreshments, social events and a copy of the Proceedings.
Odd Fredriksson, Karlstad University, Sweden (track 7)
Göran Goldkuhl, Linköping University, Sweden (track 1)
John Sören Pettersson, Karlstad University, Sweden (track 3)
Birger Rapp, Linköping University, Sweden (track 4)
All mail should be addressed to the Conference Manager:
Any enquiries can be directed to the Conference Chair:
Anders G. Nilsson
Division of Information Technology
Department of Information Systems
SE-651 88 Karlstad
Phone: +46-54-7002107 or +46-54-7001000