Call for Newsletter Contributions
next edition: September 30, 2011
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
We are continuously accepting submissions for the SIGMM's quarterly newsletter, the SIGMM Records, whose next edition will be published on September 30, 2011.
The SIGMM Records are a channel for researchers to disseminate their achievements to the multimedia research community at large. The Records publish relevant information about SIGMM members' research, disseminate opinions and raise discussions. They are not intended for the publication of original research results, and they do not require a transfer of copyright. Summaries of the latest PhD theses that have been completed by SIGMM researchers or under the supervision of SIGMM researchers are of particular interest.
The Records are accessible through the SIG's website, the dedicated mailing list [log in to unmask]
, and the ACM Digital Library (ISSN number 1947-4598). You can find all issues as well as links to back issues in the ACM digital library at the website:
Please visit the newsletter website that explains appropriate content and provides submission instructions.
A brief overview of contributions that we solicit:
- your statements and summaries about the state of particular research topics in multimedia
- your views on the interaction between research and industry, and view of the future
- abstracts of newly concluded PhD theses by SIGMM members or supervised by SIGMM members
- news about SIGMM members who have been granted awards
- conference/workshop reports from SIGMM-related events
- information about freely available code and data sets that could be of interest to the community
- calls-for-paper for SIGMM-related events
- opportunities for awards
- open researcher positions
- errata of your published multimedia papers
The Editors of the ACM SIGMM Records: