We apologize if you received multiple copies of this CFP and feel free to redistribute:
Call For Papers
1st ACM Multimedia
Authors are invited to submit a full paper (two-column format, 6 pages) according to the guidelines available on the conference website at http://www.acmmm12.org/paper-submission-instruction/ Authors are solicited to submit complete unpublished papers in the following, but not limited to:
Today with the explosive growth of multimedia (MM) computing, we are observing the trend of using various multimedia tools, techniques and services in providing and managing e-health services ubiquitously. These services and technologies facilitate doctors and other health care professionals to have immediate access to e-health information for efficient decision making as well as better treatment. The realization however of multimedia services for e-health introduces several challenges. The passion for media results in a large number of Internet traffic that impose to make a tradeoff between QoS (Quality of Service) and cost in media network design for health care. Content distribution network (CDN) can be utilized to cache e-health media contents like real-time medical images, videos etc. However, lack of dynamic resource provisioning at CDN nodes limit effectiveness for the demand of computing power, storage space and network bandwidth to better support e-health initiatives. One potential solution for addressing all aforementioned issues is the introduction of cloud-based multimedia service for e-health.
Cloud computing fits well as an enabling technology in this scenario as it presents a flexible stack of computing, storage and software services at low cost. The cloud-based media services can provide a high quality of experience for physicians, clinics, and other caregivers anytime and from anywhere seamlessly. So this workshop strives to foster state-of-the-art researches, methodologies and systems in the design, development, deployment and innovative use of cloud-centric multimedia services, tools and technologies for e-health. Authors are solicited to submit complete unpublished papers in the following, but not limited to:
• Architecture, service and application of cloud-based multimedia services in healthcare
• QoS/QoE provisioning for cloud-centric multimedia services in health care
• Dynamic resource allocation for multimedia health data processing in clouds
• Multimedia cloud service composition in healthcare
• Cost effective media data processing and management for e-health
• Health care privacy management in cloud-based MM service
• Health media streaming with multimedia cloud
• Intelligent e-health multimedia service computing in clouds
• E-health multimedia information management using cloud computing
• Decision support system for cloud based multimedia services for healthcare
• E-health media contents indexing and retrieval in cloud
• Monitoring and analysis of health care media contents in cloud
• Business model of e-health multimedia service management in cloud
• Context-aware e-health multimedia services and applications in cloud
• Media cloud gaming for health care
Serious games in cloud media
Submission website: https://cmt.research.microsoft.com/ACMMMWS2012/
Accepted papers will be published by ACM in the workshop proceedings along with the ACM Multimedia 2012 proceedings.
Extended versions of some selected accepted papers will be invited to submit to a special issue of "Multimedia Tools and Applications" and another ISI journal.
CFP can be found: https://sites.google.com/site/cbmaseh2012/
July 24, 2012
--With kind Regards and Thanks.
M. Shamim Hossain, Ph.D., SMIEEE, P.Eng.
Dept. of Software Engineering
College of Computer and Information Sciences
King Saud University
[log in to unmask]
PO Box 51178, Riyadh 11543
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Adjunct Member: Multimedia Communication Research Laborartory (MCRLab), University of Ottawa, Canada, Email: [log in to unmask]
To unsubscribe from the MM-INTEREST list, click the following link: