School on "Graph Theory, Algorithms and Applications"
International School of Mathematics -- "Guido Stampacchia"
Centre "Ettore Majorana" for Scientific Culture
Erice, Sicily (Italy)
September 8--16, 2014
* Alexandr Andoni, Microsoft Research
* Antonio Frangioni, University of Pisa
* Andrew V. Goldberg, Microsoft Research
* Giuseppe F. Italiano, University of Rome "Tor Vergata"
* Haim Kaplan, Tel Aviv University
* Aleksander Madry, EPFL Lausanne
* Alexander Martin, University of Erlangen-Nuremberg
* Giovanni Rinaldi, IASI-CNR
* Maria Grazia Speranza, University of Brescia
* Robert E. Tarjan, Princeton University and Microsoft Research
* Paolo Toth, University of Bologna
* David P. Williamson, Cornell University
DIRECTORS OF THE SCHOOL:
Prof. Raffaele Cerulli, University of Salerno
Dr. Andrew Goldberg, Microsoft Research
Prof. Giuseppe F. Italiano, University of Rome "Tor Vergata"
Prof. Robert E. Tarjan, Princeton University and Microsoft Research
DIRECTORS OF THE COURSE:
Prof. Franco Giannessi
Erice is among the oldest cities in Sicily. The town is placed on the
homonymous mount Eryx, religious center of the Elimi, which is famous
for its temple where the Phoenicians worshipped Astarte, the Greeks
Aphrodite and the Romans Venus. Throughout history Erice was contended
by many different populations, and each of them left a palpable sense
of history. Erice is nowadays an enchanting wonderfully preserved
Mediaeval town offering the most breathtaking views in Sicily.
Advanced undergraduates, MS and PhD students, young scientists (35 or
under) interested in graph algorithms are encouraged to apply.
Qualified candidates should complete their application on the School
Website (http://www.graphalgorithms.it) by June 30, 2014. Application
material include a short CV and optional recommendation letters.
The registration fee for the School is 900 Euro. It includes meals and
accommodation for 8 days, i.e., from September 8 (evening) to
September 16 (morning).
More information is avalaible on the School Web Site
To unsubscribe from the SPAA list, click the following link: