This is an exciting initiative.  Thanks to the organizers!

Beyond encouraging students to pursue a well-rounded education, liberal
arts colleges also have an opportunity to demonstrate how CS itself can
be taught in a more "well-rounded" way.  I am continually surprised to
see universities that still just teach coding in their CS 1 courses.  I
think these first impressions matter, and tend to shape how students
view the discipline and their roles in it.  Many of us on this list have
found ways to introduce broader concepts and exciting connections to
other disciplines into our early courses.  Perhaps these kinds of
"exemplar" courses could be especially highlighted by this group.

Jessen
---
Jessen T. Havill, Ph.D.
Benjamin Barney Chair of Mathematics