The ZanyBlue library and utils version 1.3.0b is available for download at
or directly from the download area:
The changes since the last release are:
* Added a new utility zbinfo to query built-in data. This was released as
an example previously (the dumplocale example which has been dropped).
* Added encoding support to convert Wide_String values to String based on
an encoding schema, e.g., UTF-8, ISO8859-2, CP932, SHIFT_JIS, etc. To fully
use this functionality, narrow accessors should be used which, when printing,
use Stream_IO to avoid interaction between the Text_IO and encoded values.
The list of supported encodings is available via zbinfo --list-encodings.
* The default locale is now en_US.UTF-8 if no other locale can be determined
from the environment.
* Updated the documentation (and website) to use the Sphinx documentation
* Updated and expanded the documentation. Additional documentation is, however,
needed. Switch to gnatdoc from gnathtml to generate the source code based
* Restricted the usage of the -gnatW8 compilation option to just the source
files containing UTF-8 encoded strings: the message pool file generated by
the zbmcompile utility.
* Added option to the zbmcompile utility to generate ASCII only source files
* Added option to the zbmcompile utility to define handling of non-Ada message
keys when generating accessors (the -X option).
* Updated the build to use gprbuild instead of gnatmake.
* Updated the build to use -gnat2012 in all gpr files.
* Switched from AUnit to Ahven for unit testing.
* Minor source code changes based on stricter checkes with GNAT 2016.
Take care, and enjoy,