From: SIGCSE-LIBARTS-COMM [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Douglas Baldwin
Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2016 10:51 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Liberal Arts Committee SIGCSE Plans

The SIGCSE program committee sent out a reminder about BoFs, posters, etc. a few days ago, which reminded me that the liberal arts committee was talking about 2 or 3 possibilities back at the end of August. As I recall, people were thinking about BoFs on...
- Soft skills and interdisciplinary connections
- Communicating about CS to liberal arts colleagues
- Curricular structures for CS in liberal arts settings
Groups of interested people were coalescing around each of these ideas. The BoF deadline is Oct. 21, so this is a good time to get those groups more organized and start writing the proposals, if it hasn't already happened. The groups seem to be in good hands, but let me know if I can help in any way.
By the way, no news yet on the special session proposal, but I should hear in a couple of days. I'll let you all know when I do.

Looking forward to our committee being well-represented on the SIGCSE program this year. Thanks!