Call for Tutorials
ACM SIGCOMM 2017
UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, USA on August 21-25, 2017http://conferences.sigcomm.org/sigcomm/2017/cf-tutorials.html
We seek to extend the SIGCOMM experience by tutorials on selected topics given by renowned scientists and practitioners in their fields. We therefore solicit proposals for full-day or half-day tutorials on topics relevant to the SIGCOMM community.
Tutorials must cover advanced topics that fit the scope of SIGCOMM and are of current interest to the SIGCOMM community. Tutorials may be lectures, interactive workshops, hands-on training, or any combination of the above. Exploring diverse ways of interacting with the audience and cross disciplinary topics are welcome.
WHERE TO SUBMIT
Tutorial proposals should be submitted in PDF format, should not exceed three (3) pages in total, and be sent to [log in to unmask]
PROPOSALS MUST INCLUDE
- A motivation for the tutorial (why this, why now, why at SIGCOMM?)
- An outline of the tutorial content, including its tentative schedule (over a half-day or full-day)
- The type of tutorial (e.g., lecture vs. hands-on)
- References to previous iterations of the tutorial (if applicable) including their date, venue, topics and number of participants and the motivation for the new proposal
- Venue requirements for the tutorial room (please note that our capabilities in fulfilling unusual requests are limited)
- Requirements for the attendees (e.g., must bring own laptop or other hardware, familiarity with certain technologies or topics, etc.)
- Any restrictions (e.g., number of participants)
-It is recommended that there are up to three speakers for a full-day tutorial and up to two speakers for a half-day tutorial.
- Tutorials will likely be held in parallel with the workshops, i.e., Monday and/or Friday of the SIGCOMM week.
- Upon acceptance of a tutorial proposal, either the tutorial co-chair or the tutorial speakers can request a cancellation of the tutorial if there is clear evidence indicating low attendance of the tutorial by the early registration deadline.
Proposals due: February 17, 2017
Notification of Acceptance: February 24, 2017