Thanks! I may have to consider remote attendance indeed.
-Cigdem

On Mon, Jul 15, 2019 at 11:15 PM Natasa Milic-Frayling <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Cigdem,

That would be perfectly fine.

I am sorry to hear about the complication with the schedule. Please feel free to consider tuning in remotely if this becomes too much to handle.

Best regards,

Natasa

Prof Natasa Milic-Frayling – Chair, ACM-WE mobile: +44 787 0566 404 – email: [log in to unmask] – skype: natasa-milic-frayling

From: Cigdem Sengul [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 15 July 2019 22:46
To: Natasa Milic-Frayling <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: Olja Rastic-Dulborough <[log in to unmask]>; Reyyan Ayfer <[log in to unmask]>; Lennon Ruth <[log in to unmask]>; [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]; Natasa Milic-Frayling <[log in to unmask]>; Marcia Boalen <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: ACM-WE EC and Working Group Meeting - following womENcourage 2019 (18-20 Sept)

Hello all,

I am in a bit of a pickle regarding this travel. I promised to give a talk for the XML summer school to be held in Oxford (talk won't be on xml, on which my knowledge would be very limited, but transient trends in tech :)), but they changed the dates and it is now going to be on the 18th of September.

I am thinking of coming on the 19th Thursday afternoon, attend the meeting on Friday, and then fly out on Friday.

Would that be OK?

Thanks,

--Cigdem

On Mon, Jul 15, 2019 at 12:00 PM Natasa Milic-Frayling <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Dear All,

Just a quick note to confirm that we will hold the ACM-WE Committee meetings on Sept 18-20, Following womENcourage 2019, (held Sept 16-18). Please let me know if you see any problems with that.

Here is a tentative plan:

On Wed, Sept 18, 2019 Dinner

TBD/after 18:00                We will coordinate with womENcourage 2019 organizers a joint dinner.

We will include members of the organizing team and selected volunteers who assisted with organizing womENcourage.

On Thur, Sept 19, 2019   ACM-WE womENcourage SC and Working Group meetings

9:00 – 15:00                        We can plan

-          Re-cap meeting with several members of the womENcourage 2019 – focussing on their experience and what we need to take on board for the future

-          Parallel sessions for the working groups – communication and outreach, partners and sponsors, events (celebrations, hackathons, etc.) networks (Rise’n Wise and European Volunteer Networks)

Participants can plan to catch flights later in the day.

On Fri, Sept 20, 2019       ACM-WE Executive Committee Meeting

9:00 – 15:00                         Meeting of the EC (and possibly Advisory Board)

-          Focus on organizational structure, policies and guidelines, training, budget, activities, plan for 2019/2020.

Participants can plan to catch flights later in the day.

Attendees and travel information

I moved the Travel folder under Working Groups to make sure it is accessible to everyone in the working groups who will need to travel

New location is:  https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1x7XNCNEEZjVLNycuFWRiycQuQnGxMiUn .

Marcia has started looking at the hotel options. Local organizers will be able to provide advice as well for the dinner venue and for accommodation.

I created a Meeting folder at the level of Working Groups so that the tentative agenda is accessible to everyone in the Working Groups.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/12uRy50e55W7ECzsB56r2ay740Zhe7QKf

I included the above information in the file: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/12uRy50e55W7ECzsB56r2ay740Zhe7QKf.

Our annual budget is tight but we expect to be able to cover the cost of

-          The group dinner

-          Travel expenses of all ACM-WE members for arrival on Sept 18

-          Accommodation for 1-2 nights.

Those who are involved in running womENcourage 2019 or invited to take part by the organizers will be covered by womENcourage budget or ACM-WE budget, depending on the constraints that womENcourage has.  In any case, you do not have to worry – your reimbursement will be covered between the two budgets.  We would just need to keep track of what the activity/role was so that we can allocated funds accordingly.