Hi Natasa,  we had three last year,  Poland, Birmingham and Rome.  I know you said you would send letters to them but I did not find them in my emails.

Thanks so much for the edits,  they are much nicer now and I think it covers everything.  I will send out the letters in the next hour or so.

Bev

From: Natasa Milic-Frayling <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, July 23, 2019 2:23 AM
To: Bev Bachmayer <[log in to unmask]>; [log in to unmask]
Cc: [log in to unmask]
Subject: RE: Letter for Cyprus and Nottingham

Dear Bev, All,

I do not remember sending any rejection letters in the past. Did we have any choice last year? I believe Rome was the only one.

We certainly did not have any choice the year before (Belgrade). (We were scrambling to find someone to host.)

So, no surprising that there is no template, not from my side J.

I edited the rejection letters. I drafted them so that we avoid any of the issues discussed in the email thread.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hqaZzMDmO2m1ELmPE1Ig3gWl9CI2XiPwoYeCkZoMaEA/edit

I enclosed the letters below for your convenience.

Best regards,
Natasa

Prof Natasa Milic-Frayling – Chair, ACM-WE – mobile: +44 787 0566 404 – email: [log in to unmask] – skype: natasa-milic-frayling

DRAFT 2  - Second place

Dear Dr./Prof.  XXX,

We are writing to inform about this year selection of the host for womENcourage 2020.

After a long and difficult deliberation, we arrived at the final decision. Your proposal was ranked second. Unfortunately, that means that we will not be pursuing it unless, in unlikely circumstances, we will have to abandon our first choice.

We appreciate the time and effort that you put in preparing the proposal and encourage you to resubmit for the future womENcourage Celebrations We would be happy to discuss with you the areas that could be improved to make the proposal more competitive.

Thank you again. We look forward to seeing you at womENcourage 2019 in Rome in September.

Bev Bachmayer

Chair, womENcourage Steering Committee

acm_w_europe_logo.png

Third place

Dear Dr./Prof. XXX,

We are writing to inform about this year selection of the host for womENcourage 2020.

After a long and difficult deliberation, we arrived at the final decision. Your proposal was ranked third. Unfortunately, that means that we will not be pursuing it this year.

We appreciate the time and effort that you put in preparing the proposal and encourage you to resubmit for the future womENcourage events. We would be happy to discuss with you the areas that could be improved and make the proposal more competitive.