Bev,
That is great. Please do invite Dorota and Rukiye. From your email it was not clear where the letter is going.

I expect that they will not immediately ask but we should have volunteer guidelines ready for them. At the moment we have drafts but not the final version for the Working Group volunteers.

In the invitation, please do refer to yourself as womENcourage Steering Committee (not the Celebration Steering Committee) and scope your statements accordingly. Below is some wording that may help.

Best regards,
Natasa

Prof Natasa Milic-Frayling - Chair, ACM-WE - mobile: +44 787 0566 404 - email: [log in to unmask] - skype: natasa-milic-frayling

Dear xxx

As womENcourage Steering Committee Chair, I would like to invite you to join the womENcourage Steering Committee (SC) and contribute to the future planning of womENcourage Celebrations.

Through your work with the past ACM-WE Celebrations and ACM related activities, we recognize your exceptional commitment and dedication to supporting women in computing.

The womENcourage SC promotes the mission and vision of ACM-WE through facilitating the organization of womENcourage Celebrations.  We focus on all organizational aspects ensuring the quality and continuity of this important community event.
We believe that with your help we can provide future organizing committees the support and direction they need for future events. The SC committee meets monthly for one hour and members typically spend 5 additional hours per month on related activities.
We are confident that you would be an excellent addition to our Committee and we look forward to your reply. Should you have any question or require further information, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Best regards,
Bev Bachmayer
Chair, womENcourage Steering Committee