WORKSHOP ON DISTRIBUTED CLOUD COMPUTING (DCC) 2019
October 18th 2019, Budapest, Hungary
Co-located with DISC 2019
CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
The organizing committee is happy to invite you to participate in the he 6th International Workshop on Distributed Cloud Computing (DCC), to be held in the beautiful city of Budapest, Hungary, on October 18th, 2019. This year the workshop is co-located with DISC 2019.
DCC is an interdisciplinary event and touches both distributed systems and algorithms as well as networking and cloud computing. It is intended as a forum where people with different backgrounds can share their expertise. The workshop regularly attracts both researchers and practitioners working on the foundations of the distributed cloud. DCC was previously co-located with various conferences, including INFOCOM, PODC, SIGMETRICS, SIGCOMM, and UCC.
The workshop this year will highlight several invited talks by leading researchers who will present state-of-the-art research on distributed cloud computing. The workshop is also planned to hold a panel about future research challenges and directions.
Confirmed invited speakers:
- Dr. Robert Birke (ABB Corporate Research, Switzerland)
- Prof. Ivona Brandić (Vienna University of Technology, Austria)
- Prof. Roy Friedman (Technion – Israel Institute of Technology, Israel)
- Prof. Giovanni Neglia (Inria Sophia Antipolis, France)
- Prof. Stefan Schmid (University of Vienna, Austria)
- Dr. Róbert Szabó (Ericsson Research & Budapest University of Technology and Economics, Hungary)
The detailed program is available here: http://www.disc-conference.org/wp/dcc2019/program/
The topics usually addressed in DCC include:
* Novel ideas on how to design and operate/manage the distributed cloud
* Foundations and principles of distributed cloud computing
* Optimization and algorithms
* Architectural models, prototype implementations and applications
* Virtualization technology and enablers (network virtualization, software-defined networking)
* Experience with existing deployments and measurements (public, private, hybrid, federated environments)
* Service and resource specification, languages, and formal verification
Registration is via the DISC 2019 website: http://www.disc-conference.org/wp/disc2019/registration/
The workshop this year is sponsored by the Faculty of Engineering Sciences, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Israel
We hope to have you join us at DCC 2019 @ Budapest.
DCC 2019 Workshop chairs:
Chen Avin ([log in to unmask]) and Gabriel Scalosub ([log in to unmask])
Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Israel