From: Wilde A.G. <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Saturday, February 29, 2020 20:36
To: Araz Yusubov <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [20=20] How do you do? Contingency Re: Thank you Re: See you in Baku Re: Current program Re: Comments Re: Draft program Re: Site visit 22-23 February Re: Meeting #1 minutes

Dear Araz,

Thank you very much for your thoughtful email.
A contingency plan would be good to set up, as some (albeit pessimistic) predictions suggest that the outbreak might last till the end of the year.
What we’ll need to consider for contingency is to whether postpone the event altogether or going ahead through remote participation.  How would we organise either of these? is it viable to do so? By when the latest should we take such a decision, given that it will impact on people’s travel arrangements, visas, etc).
What are the IOI doing in the way of contingency?

Best regards,
Adriana

Adriana Wilde
WAIS group, Electronics and Computer Science, University of Southampton

On 29 Feb 2020, at 13:27, Araz Yusubov <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Dear all,

Hope this message finds you well. First of all, I hope everything is well with you all personally. Unfortunately, Azerbaijan had the first confirmed case of novel corona-virus yesterday.

Secondly, it might be paranoiac, however IOI2020 in Singapore to be held in July has been asked to work on contingency plan - should we keep in mind this kind of force major scenario, too?

Cheers,
Araz