Hi All,

I want to see if we could pre-book the accommodation for Baku for the womencourage visit and the associated ACM-W Europe meetings. I only want to get an idea of possible dates and times. We may be able to pre-book the steering committee group flights and accommodation which would be a great help. Booking flights early may help with costs.

I would suggest that we arrive a day before the event to enable meeting as normal for breakfast early on the first day 24th Sept. Given the amount of work each person may end up doing it may be worth considering flying in on the 23rd rather than the middle of the night so that you get some sleep.  Everyone works too hard than to go without sleep!
24th-25th womENcourage Main Event
26th Hackathon

Meetings Suggestins:
26th Sept. ACM-W Europe Excecutive Council & Working Group meetings
27 The Steering Committee wrap-up and updating the lessons learned it may take the full day.

If you get a chance during tomorrows meetings please consider the suggested dates as we could pre book accommodation based on the current budget rather than waiting for later. We will discuss it then but now I have the dates written in the spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aiAt8mueIDFTB_B-74desV-XUbArkP5sXIbIlc6NJGs/edit#gid=1775599974 as 23-27 Sept for all working group, SC and EC members. Please excuse the email but having this information in advance of tomorrows meeting might speed things up.

Thank you,

Ruth Lennon,
Chair of ACM-W Europe, https://acmweurope.acm.org/
Office: RM2244
Computing Department,
Letterkenny Institute of Technology (LYIT),

Port Road, Letterkenny, Co. Donegal, Ireland, F92 FC93

Bóthar an Chalaidh, Leitir Ceanainn, Condae Dhún na nGall, Éire, F92 FC93

Tel: +353 74 91 86355

Pronouns: she|her|hers

Note: Although I may sometimes respond to messages outside of core working hours that does not mean that you should feel any need to respond at that time. This also does not mean that I am normally contactable outside of core working hours.  Core working hours for LYIT  academic staff are 9:30-5:30 during term time. Email turn-around may be 2 days or more depending on my workload. If you feel that your message is lost after 2 days feel free to resend it.

lyit Corporate Name 01_L

www.lyit.ie

Date: Saturday, 25 January 2020
Time: 15:00 - 16:30
Venue: ADA University, Building B, Floor 3

Participants:
  1. Ulduz Khalilova
  2. Leyla Muradkhanli
  3. Ilaha Manafova
  4. Leyla Mammadova
  5. Zakiyya Alizade
  6. Shalala Hamzayeva
  7. Radmila Abbasova
  8. Maral Gurbanzadeh
  9. Araz Yusubov

Minutes
  1. Logotype first draft discussion
    1. The Steering Committee initial feedback is positive
    2. Possible changes are more visible Maiden’s Tower lines, possible addition of some elements, color change.
  1. Website launch (ONGOING)
    1. Shalala and Zakiyya to lead the website management
    2. Alexandra to advise on the next steps
  1. Conference dates
    1. 24-26 September, Thursday-Saturday is more preferable
    2. Having the classes in parallel may impose some restrictions
  1. Celebration program
    1. Starting the program with grand opening and keynote speakers, instead of hackathon seems like a good idea
    2. ACM budget template should be filled to also define sponsorship packages
  1. Celebration committees
    1. Preliminary names are in the bidding document - many ADA departments, however there might be additions/changes
    2. Further partners will emerge
  1. Sponsorship
    1. PASHA Bank committed to support as the first approved sponsor
    2. Jana Krimpe kindly offered support through Femmes Digitales meetings
  1. Accommodation options
    1. Vugar (tourism agency) to help with the budget options in the area
    2. Need to visit/talk to Unvierium.az
  1. Slogan “The equation has two sides” discussion
    1. The Steering Committee initial feedback is positive
    2. Maral: feminists may see it as a threat to the all-women comfort-zone model