I would forward it to Araz and have him sent to the workshop chairs,  the proposals are not due until the 15th so they are in good time.

Bev

From: acmwe_sc <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Rukiye ALTIN
Sent: Monday, June 8, 2020 3:49 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Fwd: WS at womENcourage 2020:

Hello dear friends,

I’ve received the mail below. They want to have a workshop. What do you think?

Best,

Rukiye

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Silvana Badaloni <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 8 June 2020 14:39:23 GMT+3
To: Rukiye ALTIN <[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], Cigdem Sengul <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: Silvana Badaloni <[log in to unmask]>, "Francesca A. Lisi" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: WS at womENcourage 2020:

Dear womEncourage organizers,

last year in the framework of womENcourage 2019 in Rome

we organized a Workshop titled Gendering ICT, that had a large

participation of people: a blog was published at this link

https://acmweurope.acm.org/acm-womencourage-2019-gendering-ict-workshop/

We - Francesca A. Lisi and me -  would be interested in continuing this work by focusing on the fairness of

Machine Learning algorithms from a gender and ethnic point of view. In particular we would like

to address the problem of dealing with algorithms and devices that AI/Machine Learning develop

and Robotics use that are not really gender-neutral.

This year we have the intention to present a WS proposal on this subject. However we have seen that a panel on

Artificial Intelligence: from Algorithms to Ethics is foreseen in the program of the conference.

We would to know your opinion and suggestion regarding our possible submission

of a WS proposal regarding biased ML.

Waiting for your kind feedback

best regards

—Silvana Badaloni

__________________________________
Silvana Badaloni

Board member of Elena Cornaro Center on Gender Studies
Department of Information Engineering (DEI)
V. Gradenigo 6B
35131 Padova, Italy
tel: +39 0498277667
mobile: +39 3391077503

Il giorno 28/mag/2020, alle ore 14:07, Rukiye ALTIN <[log in to unmask]> ha scritto:

Dear womENcourage participant,

We are excited to continue preparations for the 7th ACM Celebration of Women in Computing womENcourage 2020, which is coming this September: https://womencourage.acm.org/2020/.

Due to the global pandemic, womENcourage 2020 will run as an online virtual event to ensure the health and welfare of our attendees. However, we say #ExperienceAzerbaijanLater with a special welcome pack offer for our international attendees. Read more: http://womencourage.acm.org/2020/welcome/

We are receiving contributions (ongoing, new research or versions of previously published work) via EasyChair and looking forward to excellent poster submissions till 31 May. We also encourage you to improve your previously rejected submissions and consider submitting again: https://womencourage.acm.org/2020/submit-your-poster/

We invite proposals for technical workshops or tutorials on any topics related to computer science research and practice, to be submitted through email till 15 June. http://womencourage.acm.org/2020/propose-a-workshop/

The scholarship application will be open until 1 July. This year it will cover the registration fee and one year free ACM student membership. Check our website soon for updates.

We very much look forward to your participation at the womENcourage 2020.

Stay safe, stay healthy, stay connected with womENcourage!

womENcourage 2020 Team