Call for Workshops:
10th International Conference on Model and Data Engineering (MEDI 2021)
21 - 23 June 2021, Tallinn, Estonia
The MEDI Main Conference:
The Tenth International Conference on Model & Data Engineering (MEDI) will be held from 21 to 23 June 2021 in Tallinn, Estonia. Its main objective is to provide a forum for the dissemination of research accomplishments and to promote the interaction and collaboration between the models and data research communities. MEDI 2021 provides an international platform for the presentation of research on models and data theory, development of advanced technologies related to models and data and their advanced applications.
This international scientific event, initiated by researchers from Euro-Mediterranean countries, also aims at promoting the creation of north-south scientific networks, projects and faculty/student exchanges.
The conference is accompanied by satellite events, including demonstration papers and workshops.
Typically, workshops focus on multiple topics related to model and data engineering. For this edition, we would also like to encourage workshops focusing on practical applications of research in business/industry and on joint projects run by industry and research entities.
The list of workshop topics is not limited to the aforementioned and we encourage representatives of research and business to submit workshop proposals promoting their achievements.
Workshop Proposal Submission Procedure
Workshop proposals should be emailed to the workshop chairs:
· George Chernishev, Saint-Petersburg University, Russia: [log in to unmask]
· Samir Ouchani, Lineact CESI Engineering School, France: [log in to unmask]
· Antonio Corral, University of Almeria, Spain: [log in to unmask]
· Jüri Vain, Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia: [log in to unmask]
The proposal should include:
· Workshop title
· Estimated length (one day or half day)
· Names, affiliations, and e-mails of PC chairs
· Short bios of the workshop PC chairs, including previous experience in organizing workshops or conferences (if applicable)
· A (tentative) list of PC (if possible)
· The main goals of the workshop
· The list of workshop topics
o Preliminary CFP
o How information about the workshop will be disseminated and how papers will be solicited
The organizers of accepted workshops are expected to organize the
workshop's program committee, disseminate the workshop call for papers, solicit
submissions, conduct the reviewing process, and prepare the final workshop
The official language of workshops is English.
Workshops will benefit from the MEDI 2021 organizational infrastructure and receive support w.r.t. registration, badges, lunches, coffee breaks, and publication of the workshop proceedings.
Workshop papers will be published by Springer in "Communications in Computer and Information Science".
Best papers from all accepted workshops will be selected for a special issue.
• Submission of workshop proposals: March 30, 2021
• Workshop acceptance/rejection notification: April 9, 2021
• Camera-ready: June 9, 2021
• Workshops: June 21-22, 2021
A detailed workshop timeline, i.e., deadlines for submissions, reviews, camera-ready due, are proposed by the workshop PC chairs, in agreement with the MEDI 2021 workshop chairs.
MEDI 2021 workshop chairs
George Chernishev, Samir Ouchani, Corral Antonio, and Jüri Vain