OTTMA: Over-the-Top Multimedia Analytics
MMEDIA 2021, The Thirteenth International Conference on Advances in Multimedia
April 18, 2021 to April 22, 2021 - Porto, Portugal
With the rising prevalence of online multimedia applications, corresponding analytics practices and platforms have also grown in number and diversity.
OTT (Over-the-Top) multimedia analytics platforms present data analytics related to OTT media streaming content and services (audio/video), and are most commonly deployed as monitoring tools by broadcasters/content providers for purposes such as getting a deeper understanding of their viewers (identifying viewers' likes, dislikes and preferences, values, routines and habits to increase engagement), monetization (decisions related to formats and pricing), and troubleshooting (detecting anomalies, predicting and preventing bottlenecks).
However, OTT analytics tools are also especially important for research studies, and could be used for evaluating different aspects of the end-to-end multimedia delivery chain. Such tools allow for the benchmarking of different devices, platforms, players, streaming algorithms, network operators, codecs, and types of content under a variety of context conditions, as well as the rapid testing and evaluation of new video players and streaming algorithms. The scientific and objective analysis of these dimensions, with respect to meaningful, explainable, and peer-reviewed performance metrics, provides a more transparent and end-user friendly multimedia streaming ecosystem.
This track aims to bring together researchers and industry to share their findings and experiences related to OTT multimedia analytics, as well as discuss current and emerging technologies that facilitate the deployment and use of OTT analytics platforms on a global scale. It emphasizes the importance of an active developer community support around OTT multimedia streaming products and encourages joint efforts to build inclusive feedback mechanisms among interested parties. Prospective authors are encouraged to provide open datasets and/or open-source software along with their submissions to foster scientific reproducibility.
Topics include, but not limited to:
- Design and implementation of OTT analytics platforms (APIs and scalability, integrations, cross-platform compatibility, native SDKs, benchmarking dimensions, etc.)
- OTT analytics best practices
- OTT analytics and big data
- OTT analytics and the cloud
- OTT analytics and AI
- OTT analytics and dynamic User Generated Content (UGC)
- Evaluation of OTT analytics metrics
- Device, platform, player, streaming algorithm, network, codec, and content benchmarks using OTT analytics
- UX performance and QoE measurements using OTT analytics
- Anomaly detection and root cause identification using OTT analytics
- Metadata enrichment for OTT analytics
- Visualization for OTT analytics
- Predictive OTT analytics and forecasting
- End-user privacy in OTT analytics platforms
- Integrating societally relevant metrics into OTT analytics
- Alternatives to monetization-based incentives to use OTT analytics platforms
- Academic and open-source initiatives for building OTT analytics platforms
- Usability of commercial OTT analytics platforms in research
- Regular papers [in the proceedings, digital library]
- Short papers (work in progress) [in the proceedings, digital library]
- Posters: two pages [in the proceedings, digital library]
- Posters: slide only [slide-deck posted on www.iaria.org]
- Presentations: slide only [slide-deck posted on www.iaria.org]
- Demos: two pages [posted on www.iaria.org]
Inform the Chair or Coordinator: As soon as you decide to contribute
Submission: March 4, 2021
Notification: March 20, 2021
Registration: April 1, 2021
Camera ready: April 1, 2021
Note: The submission deadline is somewhat flexible, providing arrangements are made ahead of time with the chair.
- Before submission, please check and comply with the editorial rules: http://www.iaria.org/editorialrules.html
- Extended versions of selected papers will be published in IARIA Journals: http://www.iariajournals.org
- Print proceedings will be available via Curran Associates, Inc.: http://www.proceedings.com/9769.html
- Articles will be archived in the free access ThinkMind Digital Library: http://www.thinkmind.org
Please select Track Preference as OTTMA
- Each accepted paper needs at least one full registration, before the camera-ready manuscript can be included in the proceedings.
- Registration fees are available at http://www.iaria.org/registration.html
Chair: Cise Midoglu [log in to unmask]
Logistics: [log in to unmask]
This call for papers as PDF: https://www.iaria.org/conferences2021/filesMMEDIA21/OTTMA.pdf
[log in to unmask]
If you don't already have a password for the LISTSERV.ACM.ORG server, we recommend that you create one now. A LISTSERV password is linked to your email address and can be used to access the web interface and all the lists to which you are subscribed on the LISTSERV.ACM.ORG server.
To create a password, visit:
Once you have created a password, you can log in and view or change your subscription settings at: