The University of Vienna seeks to fill the
position starting Oct 1, 2022
of University Assistants (prae doc)
at the Research Group MIS - Multimedia Information Systems
at the Faculty of Computer Science, University of Vienna
under the supervision of Prof. Klas
Reference number: “#01 PC3: Multimedia Information Systems, Prof. Klas"
Please see the job announcement at
Please note that good German language skills are required for this
position due to the role in teaching.
The Faculty of Computer Science of the University of Vienna has
in Computer Science who pursue basic as well as applied research. The
School Computer Science (DoCS) builds an essential framework to foster
research and teaching. Its main focus is young prospective researchers
eager to make an
impact on both basic research as well as applied problems with
collaborations across the
University and beyond. The DoCS aims to provide these young researchers
with the broad
knowledge and expertise needed to perform Computer Science research at
achievable quality. The Doctoral School trains doctoral candidates in
solving basic as well as
applied research questions of high relevance.
The Research Group Multimedia Information Systems at the Faculty of
Computer Science is
looking for highly motivated research assistants, Ph.D. candidates. We
are offering an
excellent working environment in a young, creative, highly motivated,
and international team,
manifold opportunities for personal development, the possibility to take
research projects at an early stage, the opportunity for research stays
industrial contacts, and intensive support in the course of a
Duration of employment: 4 years (The announcement is made for four
years, whereby the employment relationship is initially limited to 1.5
years and is automatically extended to a total of four years unless the
employer submits a declaration of non-renewal after a maximum of 12
Extent of employment: 30.0 hours/week
Job grading in accordance with collective bargaining agreement: §48
VwGr. B1 Grundstufe
(praedoc) with relevant work experience determining the assignment to a
Participation in research, teaching, and administration:
- Participation in research projects/research studies
- Participation in publications/academic articles/presentations
- We expect the successful candidate to sign a doctoral thesis agreement
within 12-18 months.
- Participation in teaching and independent teaching of courses as
defined by the collective agreement
- Supervision of students
- Involvement in the organisation of meetings, conferences, symposiums
- Involvement in the department administration as well as in teaching
and research administration
The research should focus on techniques for the automated detection of
misinformation in multimedia content.
- Master in Computer Science, or Media Technologies, or Business
equivalent qualification, with a strong focus on Computer Science) with
- Excellent command of written and spoken German and English.
- High ability to express yourself both orally and in writing
- Strong motivation to work in a team environment.
- Strong motivation to publish at top-refereed conferences/journals.
- Perseverance, focus, integrity, ability to make things done,
leadership in organization and
partnership/communication with other project teams.
- Comprehensive IT user skills
Desirable qualifications are
- Excellent knowledge in the fields of multimedia systems, digital media
semantic analysis of multimedia content, techniques for the detection of
user interface, and feedback systems, various programming languages
(Java, C, C++,
systems, databases, blockchain systems, cloud computing, formal methods
- Expertise in various application areas of Computer Science
- Proven interest in scientific work and in scientific publishing
- Basic experience in research methods and academic writing
- Knowledge of university processes and structures
- Experience in remote teaching using modern IT infrastructures
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of Motivation including ideas for a prospective doctoral
- Abstract of master thesis
- Degree certificates
- List of publications, evidence of teaching experience (if available)
Applications need to be submitted via the recruiting tool Apply@DoCS |
Universität Wien (univie.ac.at), mentioning reference number “#01 PC3:
Information Systems, Prof. Klas”.
Further details are available here (also how you set up an
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values
opportunities, as well as diversity (http://diversity.univie.ac.at/
The University lays special
emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and academic
positions. Given equal
qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.
The candidates who are selected for the position join the DoCS as
doctoral student members.
Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Klas
University of Vienna, Faculty of Computer Science
Multimedia Information Systems Research Group
Währinger Straße 29 / 5.22, A-1090 Wien
If you don't already have a password for the LISTSERV.ACM.ORG server, we recommend
that you create one now. A LISTSERV password is linked to your email
address and can be used to access the web interface and all the lists to
which you are subscribed on the LISTSERV.ACM.ORG server.
Once you have created a password, you can log in and view or change your
subscription settings at: