Hal Hart wrote:

> (SORRY IF YOU GET THIS MORE THAN ONCE.  I JUST REALIZED A BROADER
> SAMPLE THAN JUST SIGAda ORGANIZER TYPES IS NEEDED FOR A FAIR READING
> ON THIS INFORMAL POLL.  I DO BELIEVE THAT Tri-Ada's CONTINUED SUCCESS
> IS A HARBINGER OF OVERALL Ada INDUSTRY/COMMUNITY HEALTH, AND HENCE AN
> APPROPRIATE TOPIC TO SOLICIT TEAM_Ada AND ARA LISTS FOR INPUTS.  hh)

The reason _I_ don't go to Tri-Ada is cost; otherwise I'd love to go. My
company does C++ and Perl. They won't pay to have me go to an Ada
conference. That leaves it up to me. I have to use my own vacation time,
pay for air fare, lodging, registration and any tutorials I want. And I
want to go to Comdex and OOPSLA and Internet World. Again, I pay for
this. I can usually afford one or two of those choices per year.
The only Tri-Ada I've been to was the one a few years ago in Anaheim. It
was within driving distance.
So, you can see that the artwork has no bearing on my decision.

Gary

Gary Kephart, Software Engineer  |  Investment Technology Group, Inc
Phone: (213)270-7544             |  400 Corporate Pointe, Suite 855
Fax:   (310)216-0933             |  Culver City, CA 90230
mailto:[log in to unmask]        |  http://www.itginc.com
Team Ada member                  |  "The Future of Trading"

Disclaimer: these are my opinions, not ITG's.