AdaWorks wrote:

[snip]

> I would be most unhappy to hear that some pilot crashed because of a memory
> leak, runaway pointer, or automatic promotion of an argument call in a
> C++ program.  These are scary times for anyone whose life depends on the
> quality of the software.

My bet is that those incidents will be relatively few. But that will be
only because of the countless hours of debugging and adding of exception
handling. Extra hours that wouldn't be needed with Ada. We'll start to
see project costs balloon and schedules become longer.

Gary

Gary Kephart, Software Engineer  |  Investment Technology Group, Inc
Phone: (213)270-7544             |  400 Corporate Pointe, Suite 855
Fax:   (310)216-0933             |  Culver City, CA 90230
mailto:[log in to unmask]        |  http://www.itginc.com
Team Ada member                  |  "The Future of Trading"

Disclaimer: these are my opinions, not ITG's.