Gary Kephart wrote:

> Robert Cheetham wrote:
>
> Raise your hands if you're using Ada to create desk-top applications or
> any other non-embedded software - and that's the main part of your job.

The majority of what we use Ada for here is real-time applications, but we
also do our data reduction software in Ada, using calls to the Xwindow
system, and for at least one person I know of here at the lab, that is his
main job.  The advantages of using Ada for both the real-time and data
analysis software are numerous.  Shared code and data types come to mind
immediately.
Regards,
Bob
--
                               Robert L. Spooner
                         Registered Professional Engineer

            Applied Research Laboratory        Phone: (814) 863-4120
            The Pennsylvania State University  FAX:   (814) 863-7843
            P. O. Box 30
            State College, PA 16804-0030       [log in to unmask]