Just to throw my own 2-cents in, I've encountered this issue when
working for TI, GE, MITRE, and Monmouth University.  In all 4 cases,
there was a similar form to fill out disclosing outside business
interests (which I used to tell the organization about my outside
free activities as well), and we discussed the activity in each case.
Afterwards, it was agreed that I could proceed.

Rick

--
Richard Conn
mailto:[log in to unmask]                     http://monmouth.com/~conn/