At 07:52 AM 2/10/98 -0500, Mike Brenner <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>In particular, you cannot be creative and have attention to the
>detail At The Same Time.

That's curious. Some of the most creative people I have known were those who
paid incredible attention to detail.  It's often said that the devil is in
the details, and I believe this is particularly true of software design.
When faced with a complex set of detailed requirements, the ability to find
a unifying abstraction that simplifies the problem while still addressing
all the details is a skill that takes the utmost of creativity.

-- John Volan