At 02:29 PM 12/9/1999 -0800, Robert C. Leif, Ph.D. wrote:
>I previously looked at uncgi. However, I did not wish to get a C compiler
>nor learn C. My suspicion is that the C code in uncgi permits reading the
>command line with the *.exe? part of the string. That is why I started this
>thread. Is there an Ada compiler for Windows 98, Windows CE, or any other
>reasonable INTEL based PC which can read the output of a HTML.Form.Get? I
>know about Post. However, one should first worry about reading the string,
>prior to the problem of its parsing.

     Look at the documentation.  All the data is put in environment variables of the form WWW_{name}.  As I said, my personal experience with it on Windows NT (I've also used it elsewhere) was very positive.  Throw the makefile at gcc and stand back, then install.  There was a glitch, but that was due to a slight HTTPS difference from http.  I accessed everything using Ada wrappers around getenv and setenv.  The wrappers were there to convert from null terminated strings to Ada Strings, and the "cgi-bin" programs compiled and executed correctly both on Solaris machines and on NT.

                                        Robert I. Eachus

with Standard_Disclaimer;
use  Standard_Disclaimer;