[log in to unmask] (Richard L. Conn) wrote:

>I really have to disagree with your statement about
>VB.  We are talking about teaching Freshmen, not
>Juniors or Seniors.  In a very practical sense, if you
>try to tell Freshmen how great generics, inheritance,
>etc., are, it's likely that those who don't quit after
>the first two weeks will have not done so because they
>fell asleep and did not wake up in time ;-).

Certainly that would have been the case if Ada had existed when
I went to school, but aren't the students of today somewhat a
different bunch since they grew up with computers.  I would
expect they already had some experience doing AppleScript or
whatever the equivalent is in Microsoft-land.

Larry Kilgallen