RE: What the competition looks like

I've been listening.  I agree with you on the fact that what institutions teach is not necessarily what each one of us wants to learn.  Even more so these same institutions don't want to give away their best kept secret recipes

i.e.
course 101 :  how to build a transistor in your garage(help !!!)
course 102 :  how to build a chip in your garage(help !!!)
course 103 :  how to make compilers in your garage(put Ada here!!! help !!!)
course 104 :  how to make programs/robots in your garage for the chip you built in your garage(put Ada here!!! help !!!)

course 105 :  how to succeed in business in your garage with the chips/programs/robots you built in your garage(help !!!)

If Ada would provide this means to help garage absent-minded inventors, it would be helping the world a great deal.  In my eyes all Bill Gates is doing is brainwashing us to be completely dependent of his kind of drug/OS/hip product(whichever you prefer), just like all the other multinational companies(coke, pepsi, nestle...).

This would permit us all to be like Mr. Hewlett/Mr. Packard/Mr. Jobs and even Mr. Gates himself...in our garages instead of watching TV :)

Ok. That said.  Back to reality...sigh.
--
Santé bonheur!
David Marceau