Print

I'll try to put together some sample code and
documentation on how to do all three integration
options with VB.

I already described one. The third way is just an
extension of the first.

Method 2:

After creating the Ada DLL using whatever method your
compiler uses, you then hand create VB bindings to the
DLL entries you will be using.

Method 3:

Create the Ada DLL, but then create a Type Library
using the Module class. This will let you create a
binary spec for the Ada DLL that can then be loaded in
to VB or any other language supporting Type Library
binding (BTW Ada now supports this by running BindCOM
- http://www.adapower.com/com -- on the Type Library.
BindCOM is not just for creating COM/ActiveX
bindings.)

Type libraries also let you define constants,
enumerations, record types, C style unions, and more,
for use with your DLL.

VB loads the Type Library and takes care of all the
types and bindings for you.

David Botton