CHI-WEB Archives

CHI-WEB@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
Gilbert Cockton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gilbert Cockton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 13:21:57 +0100
> >The new tabs in google are good enough?
They are now, I'd not noticed them until this post - how long have they
been around?

They don't look very tabby to me and they're somewhere where I never
look on a results page.

It may be worth experimenting with the position - if they were under
the search text box, people may see them more.  That would create a
visual design challenge though to maintain various aesthetic properties
such as unity, balance, harmony etc.  Perhaps that's why they're in a
bad place, usual beauty before usability decision ...

Anyone on here from Google who can share some usage statistics with us?
How long have theses tabs been up?  How much are they actually being used?
Why doesn't the image on my home page show up?

Of course, now I know they're there, I'll use them all the time.  It's
bad news though, since Kim Binstead's "Mirror, Mirror on the Wall" search
(type your name into a search engine ;-)) will soak up even more of our
hours in narcissistic vanity, although that Groups tab makes me look like
a real nobody at the moment - Results 1-10 of *27*?  No way ...