CHI-WEB Archives

CHI-WEB@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

Anastasia <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 11:23:00 -0700
A question about style sheets and user browser configurations...

I am working on a site (designed using style sheets) that does a browser
check upon User logon for "Style Sheets=ON". It seems that most all browsers
5.0+, which is what is required for use of the site, have style sheets
automatically set up to be read. However in IE it is possible for users to
set up their preferences to read their own personal style sheets and to
alter fonts... does this override the site's use of style sheets? And does
Netscape allow the user to do the same thing? (I can't find ANYTHING in
their Help Section about this!)

Please reply to me directly and I will post a summary to the list.
Thanks.

Anastasia Fischer
Strategic Consulting & Interface Design

Tel: 310.452.5501