CHI-WEB Archives

CHI-WEB@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
Eric Wang <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eric Wang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jun 2009 08:21:19 +0800
All,

Thank David for his advise, and I think I should specify the multi-task more
clear here. Since David's email was not sent to list, I post it and my reply
here for your reference.

David,

Thank you very much for your help. But I think maybe I didn't specify my
question clearly. In fact what I am looking for is NOT literatures about how
browser can be multi-tasking, BUT literatures about how browser support
user's multi-tasking, that is, to help user maintain several different
working sessions. For example, I am replying a buddy's email about Ajax
questions and therefore opening a set of web pages for related information,
and at the same time, I am looking for recipes for my dinner from the other
set of web pages. The supporting of user's multi-tasking means that in this
situation the browser will help me to switch from one set to another set,
and to suspend/resume these working session if I want, etc. Here the
multi-tasking is different from the multi-tasking from computer's viewpoint.
It is user oriented, and the task is the task of user, not the task of
browser.

--
Eric Wang
SUN YAT-SEN University