CHI-WEB Archives

CHI-WEB@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
Louise Penberthy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Louise Penberthy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 16:08:12 -0500
Tommy Donehower wrote:

> I see two solutions.
> 1) Place the link within only one area
> 2) mirror the content in both sections

How did you arrive at this architecture to begin with?  Did your test subjects
put it in both places equally?

If they did, then I'm not sure what the answer is.  I think it is not to put the
same content in two different places.  It may not be clear to the users that it
is, in fact, the same content.

However, I'm not sure about the "cross linking" either.  I have designed a site
with a similar problem, but I haven't had a chance to run a study on the
prototype.

-- Louise

--
Louise Penberthy